The dream continues

It was 5 years ago today that I started this little blog about “voiceover, life and assorted other ramblings.” You have my abiding gratitude for stopping by here and reading from time to time.

Today is a double anniversary, because not only is it my Fifth blogiversary, but it was one year ago yesterday that spent my very last day at my corporate job. In spite of the fact that the economy was not going great, I had resigned my position so that I could just concentrate on voiceover work, on telling stories for people; so today is the first anniversary of my full and solitary concentration on voiceover. I’m so very grateful to every one of my clients. Some have come and some have gone and many have stayed, but each one is precious. I truly do love helping give voice to your words.

It seemed for a long time like it was an impossible dream, but if this is a dream please don’t wake me. Along with my clients, I’m also grateful for my friends who have been helpful and supportive in a myriad of ways. You know who you are. Each of you is so very precious to me. Thank you.

And my gratitude to my family, especially my first born and only daughter Karen and my oldest son Eric, both of whom have worked many hours helping me with my work. Our two younger sons, David and Brian have both done voiceovers for me when I needed kids voices. But, most especially to my wife Cinda, who has been a divinely appointed helpmeet at every turn. Thank you, Darling.

Where ever you are in your quest, if this is something you really want, don’t quit. It took me 26 years. No, I’m not kidding. 26 years. From 1983 to 2009. Your journey might be shorter. It might even be longer. But you will get there, if you don’t quit.

1. Congratulations, Bob. Can’t tell you how much encouragement you have given me and many others.

Comment by Dan Nachtrab — May 2, 2010 @ 1:28 am

2. Happy anniversary, Bob. You are truly one of the good guys and I can’t think of anyone who deserves success more than you.

Comment by Jeffrey Kafer — May 2, 2010 @ 2:42 am

3. Congratulations, Bob! Just five years? My gosh, you’re the “forever been there pro”! Thanks for all your help – to all of us.
    John
    VoiceOverXtra

Comment by John Florian — May 2, 2010 @ 6:26 am

4. Congratulations, Bob! That’s so wonderful to hear. May you have every success! And thanks for being out there. Looking forward to finally getting to meet you face to face at Voice 2010!

Comment by Jodi Krangle — May 2, 2010 @ 7:16 am

5. Bob,

Congrats.

Best always,
    – Peter

Comment by Peter K. O'Connell — May 2, 2010 @ 8:51 am

6. Happy double day Bob! Congrats on your success, you are most deserving of everything that comes your way. Here’s to more!

Comment by Pam — May 2, 2010 @ 8:52 am

7. What a positive message to wake up to! I just booted up my computer to check my e-mail and I learn more about the path that you’ve been on. So very encouraging!

Your story proves that success (while really a journey, not a destination) comes from ‘working’ with what you’ve got. You are talented, that’s a given. But you have put in a lot of ground-pounding work to get where you are.

Upward and onward, Bob!

Comment by Dan Nims — May 2, 2010 @ 9:58 am

8. added congratulations on your very well-deserved happy/independence/blogi/anni/voicery.

the rest of us have reason to celebrate the day too! your generosity in sharing your success has helped make our own possible.

i speak from experience.

well done, bob.

Comment by rowell gormon — May 2, 2010 @ 2:15 pm

9. Double Congratulations to you and your family. This has truly been a family effort. I also want to thank you for all of your help and for your friendship.

Cheers,

Chris

Comment by Chris Fadala — May 2, 2010 @ 10:38 pm

10. Congrats Bob! Your hard work has paid off. Your blog is an inspiration for me and MANY others in this crazy voiceover “bizniss”. Thank you sir!

Comment by Brian Whitaker — May 3, 2010 @ 8:47 am

11. Bob. Congratulations on your anniversary and for sticking with your dream. I stumbled across your Blog in 2006 and have been a fan ever since. Your passion for your craft is impressive and I Thank You for sharing the knowledge!

Comment by Jonah Cummings — May 3, 2010 @ 8:49 pm

12. A thousand cheers, Bob! Congratulations on your one year anniversary. May God continue to bless your career. Thank you for the great contribution you have been to the vo community. All of us look forward to many more useful and inspirational blog posts.

Comment by Steve Webb — May 5, 2010 @ 9:15 pm

13. Has it been five years already? It seems like only yesterday and a lifetime ago at the same time. I’m so delighted by your ongoing and ever-increasing success!

Comment by Amy Snively — May 6, 2010 @ 12:27 am