I’m sorry for the silence

It’s been a couple of days and I haven’t posted anything. I know. I could offer all kinds of excuses (VOICE2010 was so overwhelming to me this year I couldn’t get my mind around it, I came home to a mountain of work, etc.) all of which would be true; but none of which mean anything.

I’m processing what I learned in LA at VOICE, and all the people I met. I will be writing and linking and posting again. I promise. Thank you for being patient.

I’ll leave you with one additional nugget. I’ve been thinking a lot of late about fear or more exactly about anxiety. About how destructive and unproductive it is. Not just in my life, but in yours too, I would guess.

More later.

1. Bob,
    You’ve got one of the best voiceover blogs on the ‘net. I’m sure I speak for other readers/followers when I say that you shouldn’t feel guilty for taking a few days off once in awhile.

Comment by Dan Popp — June 9, 2010 @ 8:49 am

2. I can’t wait! šŸ™‚

And it was WONDERFUL spending time with you at VOICE2010!

((((HUGS))))

Peace!

Liz

Comment by Liz de Nesnera - Bilingual English & French VO — June 9, 2010 @ 9:34 am

3. Bob, you do more when you’re ‘resting’ than most people do ‘working hard.’

I enjoy opening your blog and the various links you provide.

Turns out I wasn’t able to attend the Voice 2010. Yet I value the reports from those who were there.

Best wishes to you and your family!

Dan

Comment by Dan Nims — June 9, 2010 @ 11:30 am

4. I’ve been processing my VOICE experience, too. And I’m also feeling overwhelmed. I’m trying to break down a few specific action steps, but I feel like I need a staff. But it would have to be a staff of Amy clones in order to make it all work the way I want…

Comment by Amy Snively — June 9, 2010 @ 1:31 pm

5. Sounds like I’m not the only one to experience “Post-VOICE Exhaustion Syndrome” It’s interesting you should mention anxiety, because I think that’s part of my issue this week. Could I be wondering/worrying about if I will translate what I learned, and the connections I made, into action? Stay tuned! It was great to see you again and to meet “The Fresh Young Storyteller” too.

Comment by Ed Hunter — June 9, 2010 @ 2:23 pm

6. Thread jack! A staff of Amy clones!!! My gawd – no one would get ANY work done for the laughing.

And Bob – I’m still smiling from seeing both you and Eric.

Comment by Connie Terwilliger — June 9, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

7. A staff of Amy clones would certainly keep us all laughing, no question. And thank you one and all for your very kind comments.

Comment by Bob — June 9, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

8. Bob,

I’m sure the experience was both overwhelming and wonderful at the same time not mention exhausting. You deserve the time to process the weekend. Just take it one step or thought at a time.I’m looking forward to your future blogs. I’ve learned so much from you and I’m forever grateful.

Your friend,